Purposefully Stylish

If you have read Consider Me Lovely long enough, you know that while I am all about clothes, shoes, outfits, and shopping, at the root of it all, I am much more than those exterior things.  At my core I am really about positivity and how to be a blessing to others, so I can greatly appreciate brands and organizations with the purpose of helping others at it’s core!  So when Shanley, the Founder of Nakate Project (an organization I wrote about here and here and mentioned in last week’s post) contacted me about being a part of an 8-week event, I jumped at the opportunity!!

Blazer:  Body Policy (Melodrama Boutique); T-shirt:  Mossimo (Target); Culottes:  Saint Germain (thrifted gift from Prissy); Shoes:  Steve Madden (Marshall’s)

Nakate Project works with women in Uganda and designers in Oregon and California to create beautiful handmade necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. In turn income is provided for women in Uganda and their families (read more about it here). Shanley said she was sending me one of their runway pieces of which I’d never seen, and when it arrived, it took my breath away! I wore it to an event the next day, but I was running late and didn’t have time to take pictures, so I got in a quick shot on Instagram when I got home.

I love the pairing of black, white, and green, so I thought of these houndstooth culottes that the lovely Prissy sent me months ago first! I’m really into burgundy as a neutral these days, and I wanted a somewhat neutral palette to pop this gorgeous green necklace from Nakate. Throw in glitter pumps (which I haven’t worn in a while and was starting to miss), and I am smitten :-).

Nakate has recently released their Fall line, and these are some of my favorites, cc: those wanting to get me a Christmas gift, lol:

Nakate is offering the awesome readers of Consider Me Lovely a 25% discount Today-Friday using the code: CMLFall11  Such a great incentive to support an amazing cause!!!

Comments
10 Responses to “Purposefully Stylish”
  1. Jamillah says:

Oh friend! I love it on you!!! I adore the Nakate Project and their work and so happy that you are such an advocate for their company.

The color of the necklace is kind of brilliant and I love it w/ the black and white outfits you've chosen.

2. keisha says:

I just love how you put outfits together. I wish you could just come pick mine out everyday! :)

3. Susan Tiner says:

Matching necklace and nail polish colors are nice details. The jewelry is beautiful.

4. Anonymous says:

Your style is fly, but your glasses really do nothing for your face (too big!!).

5. Inside my head and wardrobe says:

love the beads and the blazer is gorgeous!!

6. Prissy says:

The shorts fit you great! I love how you styled them! This is such a great collabo! They have some nice peices. And that sequin number you're wearing…..to die for!!! I cant wait to see more of that!!

Prissy

7. Frannie Pantz says:

What a cool collaboration! I bought a necklace from SIGA, a similar Ugandan program not long ago and I love it. The pieces are all gorgeous and so are yours. Best of all, they are for a great cause. I love your houndstooth shorts as well. Yay for you!

8. Yirssi says:

The bracelets are gorgeous! And I LOVE that you are highlighting this company. I swear, I like you even more because of it. I love what they are doing, and plan on purchasing some items as Christmas presents!

9. Stacey Kay says:

What a lovely initiative and looks like they sell beautiful things. You look amazing as always. Love your style.

Goodwill Huntingg: Enter my Shabby Apple dress giveaway!

10. Inez| Style Chic 360 says:

Those earrings and bracelets are cute!

I'm over my shopping budget this month but I'm gonna bookmark them for later.

I love your culottes!!! And they're from Prissy how sweet!