Neon Living

Hey there lovelies!!!  How are you doing today?  I hope you had a great weekend!!  I must admit my weekend was pretty awesome!  Around 1 o’clock Friday afternoon, I decided to unplug from social media for the weekend, and aside from one Instagram picture Sunday of this skirt, I succeeded :-).  It resulted in a wonderful weekend where I lived in the moment, I spent quality time with the boyfriend, attended a boutique launch, took pictures for my photography class’ final project, cooked yummy spaghetti, went to church (where I wore this outfit), and ended the weekend with a girls night in at a friends house, that kept me out well past my bed time and has me very sleepy as I type this, so today’s going to be one of those not so wordy post days :-).

Sweater: Old Navy (similar); Skirt- ASOS; Belt-unknown; Shoes: Valentino- Buffalo Exchange; Necklace: INPINK

Sometimes while taking photos I still have to parent me niece and/or nephew, and I found these of me fussing at my niece peeking through the window to be funny, lol.

While I missed my Twitter, Instagram, and other social media pals, it was very rewarding to live solely in the present without trying to document it through pictures and tweets or trying to maintain my social media accounts in general while taking away from the time spent with those around me.  It is definitely something I want to work on more, and I am sure the boyfriend will be very happy about that :-).

Do you ever find yourself getting caught up in social media?  How do you balance your real life with internet life? I think we could all put forth effort to balance the two better; I know I surely could :-)

HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK LOVELIES!!!

Comments
21 Responses to “Neon Living”
  1. Jamillah says:

Oh also if you ever don’t want that skirt…ya know for whatever reason…I LOVE IT! I want to be first on that list. Love you!
    Jamillah recently posted..Smile File…The One Who Got AwayMy Profile

2. Jamillah says:

You know when I first got on twitter I was crazy about it, I was constantly tweeting, retweeting, reading articles off twitter ect. But really I am tooootally not like that now. Honestly most of the time I’m pretty good about staying unconnected. I tweet when I can and look when I can instead of being the annoying person always looking at their phone, I forced myself to detach b/c I didn’t really like being that person.

I know it is important to stay active for the blog, but I much rather live my life uninterrupted as much as possible:).
    Jamillah recently posted..Smile File…The One Who Got AwayMy Profile

3. Nicole says:

you know what neon is my favorite color and I love it!
    Nicole recently posted..murano glassMy Profile

4. Orlan Bert says:

I so love the shoes. great post anyway. :)
    Orlan Bert recently posted..seo agencyMy Profile

5. looooove the neon.
    megan, the frugalista diaries recently posted..Color Among ColorMy Profile

6. WendyB says:

Girl, did you send me a photo for my Huffington Post neon story? I don’t think you did! I want this one :-)
    Email me!
    WendyB recently posted..Musings on Music, Reality TV and Thierry MuglerMy Profile

7. Carsedra says:

I already commented on instagram, but I had to come here. I really like this look, I love that skirt now that I can really see the details!!

Carsedra of:

8. Mode Plus says:

Oh la la for neon and that skirt :) I understand you perfectly when it comes to choosing between your on and offline life. I recently went away for a weekend and I’ve only checked my mail/blog once a day. That was refreshing but I have to admit I couldn’t stop cold turkey though. It is a balance I retry every day, one step at a time.
    Mode Plus recently posted..Sunday Post 10My Profile

9. Chioma A. says:

I love both of these colors on you!! The skirt is lovely! I totally agree with you. This week while im away in Chicago with the boyfriend, i plan to limit all my social media and really soak up the momens!! :))

Chocolattesbox.blogspot.com
    Chioma A. recently posted..Pussybow Blouse And Paisley!My Profile

10. Nic says:

glad you had a great wknd! you looked GREAT in your pics…so loving the skirt! and yes at times, i remove myself from some form of social media. its nice to get away sometimes and focus on more important things. good for you :-)

~nic

11. Tanvi says:

We really ARE having a moment today! NEON-NEON :)

∞ © tanvii.com ∞
    Tanvi recently posted..Ico-n-eonicMy Profile

12. Elise says:

Wow loving your skirt! :)
    Elise recently posted..Changing seasons…My Profile

13. Sally says:

That skirt is dynamite! I do my best to extract myself from social media for the weekend … it mostly works.
    Sally recently posted..Already Prettypoll: The Rear ViewMy Profile

14. What a lovely skirt! It is amazing how good it can feel to disconnect if even for a weekend!
    Frannie Pantz recently posted..That’s No Foolin’!My Profile

15. Em K says:

I am LOVING your neon skirt, the hem/trim is just fabulous! Even better is how you paired it with the green top, the colours work really well together :) I’m not to bad with social media, I can’t seem to get into twitter but I am guilty of instagraming a bit too much! When I’m out I turn my phone on silent and toss it in my purse. Then I forget about it :)
    Em K recently posted..tippity tapMy Profile

16. tasha says:

Totally love this look. This neon skirt is EVERYTHING… I need to do a social media unplug. Might do it this weekend
    tasha recently posted..Pedestal BlouseMy Profile

17. Elissa says:

I adore your skirt! I’ve never bought anything from Asos but am now convinced that the site is worth a closer look. I wish I could do a weekend unplugged…I am trying to limit my Twitter and Facebook time, but it isn’t easy! Props to you!
    Elissa recently posted..{Almost daily outfit of the day} Belted. 4.2.12My Profile

18. So lovely outfit! You look more beautiful in that neon colors, looks like you’re in 3D.
    sylvia candice recently posted..Regional B2B Sales Professional – Downtown ChicagoMy Profile

19. gfs says:

ONly you can pull off a neon skirt! And I agree…I purposely try to avoid “documenting” everything while at an event. I was on FB last night and was reading my tl where someone basically documented the entire New Edition concert. She literally tweeted every song they played. I kept thinking, is she really enjoying it or reporting it?

You know I’m good to unplug from Social Media though. I have no problems with it.

20. Love that skirt..I stalked it on the site for sooo long and finally when I decided to buy it, it was sold out!! You look fab in it..love the lace and the neon!

Roni

21. Annie says:

I am so totally in love with that neon lacey skirt – so fun! And I love the way you styled it…great blog :)

Annie