Blue Haze

When I think of monochromatic outfits, I often think of black on black or gray on gray ensembles, but when I got dressed for church Sunday morning, blue was my monochromatic color of choice.  I was in a bit of rush, so I didn’t even realize there was a haze on the photos my nephew took, but it makes them feel kind of old or something, which I actually like :-).

I have had this top for months; it was one of my purchases the night Zara’s online shopping went live (yes I stayed up and waited, lol).  However, this is my second time wearing it.  When it was colder, I loathed the idea of covering it up with a jacket or coat, because it’s so light and billowy; so perfect for Summer!

Top: Zara; Jeans: Gap (similar); Handbag: Forever 21 (similar); Necklace: IN PINK; Shoes: Mossimo (DIY’d here)

These jeans are my first foray into altering my own pants/jeans hem, and I’m pretty proud of myself, but I think I need some dye or fabric pen to get rid of the line from the original hem.  Does this ever happen to you?

I hope y’all are having a great week so far!  Don’t forget to enter my eShakti Giveaway!!

Comments
17 Responses to “Blue Haze”
  1. Katrice says:

I was searching your archive over the weekend and stumbled upon this post. This outfit is EVERYTHING!!! I’ll be copying.

2. Dee says:

Love the blouse!
    Dee recently posted..Birthday GirlMy Profile

3. Taliah says:

Cute top and great photos!!
    Taliah recently posted..New PlatformsMy Profile

4. WendyB says:

Lovely! I’m a big fan of the cut of the jeans.
    WendyB recently posted..A Little Bit of Disco from Ports 1961My Profile

5. Kim says:

Simply lovely:-)

6. Eboni says:

1. Love the hazy pictures.
    2. LOOOOOOOVE that top.
    3. leave the original hemline. I like it!! once you’ve washed the jeans a few times, it will lend to a vintage-y old feel.
    4. that necklace.
    5. Gimme that bag!
    6. Your hair is soooo freakin cute!
    7. I just really wanted to get to 7. Have a great day!
    8. One more…when are you coming to ATL, shawty?
    Eboni recently posted..Vote for Me!!! Style Bloggers of Color Awards Nominee!My Profile

7. I love the fullness of that top, it looks fun to wear as well. Happy Wednesday! Wow, where does the week go! :)
    FASHION TALES recently posted..Vanity + Vintage #15: Sail Away, Sail AwayMy Profile

8. Sally says:

What a fun top!

9. This top is so amazing and flattering on you! You did a great job at tailoring your pants as well! I wish I knew how to sew! :-(
    Frannie Pantz recently posted..Over ZealousMy Profile

10. Elissa says:

That top! Swoon. I would have bought it in a heartbeat if I wasn’t so frightened of online ordering (I’m always fearful I’ll get the wrong size.) You look amazing!
    Elissa recently posted..On embarrassmentMy Profile

11. GFS (Reiko) says:

I love that top with all of my being!The whole look really!

12. GFS (Reiko) says:

I looooooooooooooveeeeeeeee that top! The whole look really!

13. Sabine says:

That necklace is fantastic!
    Sabine recently posted..Zegt het voort! Wat is jouw favoriete kringloopwinkel?My Profile

14. Nic says:

really nice look—and i LOVE the top! rushed or not, great photos :-)

~nic
    Nic recently posted..Readers Choice & The Green DressMy Profile

15. Trice says:

I love the top! I agree the statement necklace ties it all together! This is a great look!
    Trice recently posted..Work OOTD: NaturalistaMy Profile

16. Hang says:

your statement accessories pull the whole outfit together beautifully. I love it!

Cheers