EVERYTHING

Hey lovelies!! I truly hope you had a wonderful weekend! For those of you who are mothers, I hope your Mother’s Day was special in some or many ways!

Your eyes are not deceiving you my dears. Today’s post features someone very special, my momma!! With the news about my sister’s death (my dad’s daughter), I was a bit too out of it to create the post I had in mind before Mother’s Day arrive, but when I saw her strutting her stuff (she’s always strutting lol) on Sunday, I knew I had to make today’s style post about her!

I love this dress on my mom, or Momma Jackie, as most of friends call her (and y’all are my friends)! A woman can really do no wrong in a great wrap dress, and while I don’t currently own one (putting it on my shopping list), it is a MUST!

Bracelets: Unknown; Ring (top picture): Unknown- Stein Mart; Ring (bottom picture): Forever 21

When I saw my mom’s shoes on Sunday, I became smitten! I asked her why she didn’t buy me a pair, and she said it was because they didn’t have my size, which means I almost had them in my possession…darn it! Lol I love that I have a momma who wears and would randomly buy me fabulous shoes :-).

Dress: Maggie Boutique- Stein Mart (similar); Necklace- Stein Mart; Shoes: Jessica Simpson- Marshall’s; Sunglasses: Old Navy

I told y’all before, in this post, how much I love my mom!  I am a momma’s girl like no other! My mom is my friend, biggest cheerleader, counselor, and so much more.  She is strong, beautiful, God-fearing, nurturing, confident, and divine. When I have to think of one word to describe my mom, the only thing I can think of is EVERYTHING!  I wish everyone could be so fortunate to have a mom as amazing as mine :-).

HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK DARLINGS!!

P.S. Thank you your kind words of condolence upon learning about the death of my sister in last week’s SMILE post; it really means to me!

Comments
17 Responses to “EVERYTHING”
  1. Nessbow says:

This is without a doubt the sweetest thing I’ve read today. Your mum is so fantastically stylish. I too am smitten with those shoes, and her ring is amazing too. I hope she had a sensational Mother’s Day.
    Nessbow recently posted..It’s never too late to change your mindMy Profile

2. Jamillah says:

Omigosh, my darling friend. I’m so so sorry for the loss of your sister. I can not imagine and I am giving you a big virtual hug for being so flipping strong and positive and your wonderful self through this time. I love you like crazy.

Also I am smitten with Mama Jackie. She is so super stylish and you look just like her.

Will keep your family in my prayers, friend. And let me know if you want a little face time date ever for a pick me up.
    Jamillah recently posted..What I Wore…as the Birthday GirlMy Profile

3. Lynn says:

Love this POST! Your Mom is beautiful and I see so much of you in her from her posture to her smile to her great taste in shoes/clothes!

4. Juanette says:

Hey Mama Jackie! She looks fab-u-lous (love the hair!) My mom doesn’t buy me shoes, I don’t trust her enough for that, lol!

5. Trinity says:

What happened to your hair? I love it long and braided
    Trinity recently posted..Mother of the bride plus size dressMy Profile

6. Ticka says:

Heeeyyyyy!! Look at Momma Jackie! Love the dress and her shoes! Very pretty! And what a gorgeous smile!
    Ticka recently posted..Does Size Matter?…My Profile

7. Cherrie says:

My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your sister. I hope that you all find solace in your period of bereavement.

Your mother is beautiful. You look just like her! Love her entire outfit…she is indeed werking it.
    Cherrie recently posted..Dark-skinned Girls Rock!: AlissaMy Profile

8. Shea says:

You and your mom have the same smile! I agree she is working it in that wrap dress and heels, very nice. I am sorry to hear about your sister, *big hug*

9. tasha says:

Hi Momma Jackie… I see you strutting your stuff looking all fly. Her calling me on Mother’s day was a total surprise and really did make my day … woohoo

10. Tawana says:

Oh..you know I just LOVE this post about momma! She is such a beautiful person inside and out. Like mother, like daughter!I Love her!

11. A woman can do no wrong in a great wrap dress. So true! Thank goodness for Diane von Furstenberg. It really is the most flattering style for every figure with good coverage, appropriate for office or social events. Have you heard of Karina Dresses? She is from Brooklyn and has the most amazing selection of one-of-a-kind wrap dresses for sizes 0-20.

12. Nic says:

what a great post! your mom is absolutely lovely and i see where you get your great style from ;-) it is indeed a blessing to have a great mother :-)

~nic

13. Laura says:

Sorry with the news regarding your sister. Looking at your mom, shes great! Happy Mother’s Day…
    Laura recently posted..Was für Apps gibt es für Lumia?My Profile

14. Your mother is a beautiful woman. I can tell you get your good looks from her! I somehow missed the post about your sister. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Frannie Pantz recently posted..Best. Mother’s Day. Ever.My Profile

15. Kyla says:

R, I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. Somehow I missed that in my blog reading last week. My heart is with you. Also, my first though when I looked at these photos of your mom was, “Did she seriously cut off all her hair?!” I’m sure you get that a lot, but you look just like your mom. Which in this case is a good thing! You also have her fabulous taste in shoes!
    Kyla recently posted..bibs and kimonoMy Profile

16. Elise says:

Ooh your mum is clearly awesome based on the shoes alone! :)
    Elise recently posted..Sticking with what I know…My Profile

17. Sabine says:

Wow, your mother is such a gorgeous woman! And those shoes… :| Divine!
    Sabine recently posted..Nieuw in het Schoenenmuseum: Sportpumps!My Profile