Darlings!! Hey there! I REALLY hope y’all had a wonderful week. My week started off amazing and busy and ended not so amazing and busy. I won’t go into details as I still try to come to grips with this situation. However, something dawned on me while writing this post. Whenever I am going through something difficult, I love that I write this post each week because, I feel like God uses it to remind me that there is good in life among the bad, and I always have at least one reason to smile!! Every week I share pictures (from my cell phone, via Instagram, or regular iPhone camera) of things that made me smile.
These are some things that made me smile this week:
- A purple, pink, and glitter birthday mani .
- Brunch with my mom and aunt on my birthday. (Cinnamon brioche french toast at Mimi’s Cafe is too yummy!)
- One of my best friends, Tasha, coming into town for my birthday soiree (nothing fancy) with gifts in tow.
- The delicious cake my mom made!
- Blowing out the candles (I’m praying my wish comes true) .
- A good Southern breakfast of catfish, grits, eggs, and a biscuit with Tasha.
- Early morning clouds..so much beauty!
- Being reminded to not be discouraged, just when I needed it.
- Wearing one of my birthday gifts on a tough day.
- Getting my illustration completed by Neysa Bove . Check her out; she’s super talented!
- Seeing this silly pick that Reiko, Ashley and I took during my birthday soiree on Reiko’s Instagram feed, lol.