5 Tips For Any Day Glamour
In my opinion, every day is a day to dress up and be glamorous . So, when I was asked about “5 Best Tips for Getting Red Carpet Ready aka Glamorous,” I was pretty excited, yet a bit uncertain. I was excited because I’m ALL about dressing up every day, and especially for special occasions, but uncertain because getting red carpet ready usually entails makeup, which I don’t wear a whole lot of. Whether it be a school reunion, holiday dinner, a special date night, or simply meeting friends for coffee, these are my top 5 tips for getting glamorous:
- Makeup: You may be a basic makeup girl like me, the type to put on full face, or somewhere in between; whatever the case, I’ve found that some type of makeup does a girl good when going glam. Being that I don’t wear a full face of makeup, on any day, good eyebrows are very necessary, so I use a brow pencil to fill in my brows to make them clean and strong. My other glam makeup necessity is mascara, which I didn’t wear for years. What on earth was I thinking?!! There is something about a good mascara that opens up your eyes, makes them look bigger and maybe even a bit flirty. The new COVERGIRL® Clump Crusher Mascara does just that!! I’ve learned that layers and layers of mascara can add drama to eyes (though Clump Crusher gives your lashes 200% more volume, so you don’t need all those layers), so the fact that this mascara doesn’t cause any clumps means that I can add definition and volume (its super cool curved brush helps with this too) to my lashes without worrying about those horrid little clumps that a lot of mascaras cause. Every now and then, when I’m feeling super fancy, I throw on some blush and a bit of lip stain too . Whatever your makeup style is, a little or a lot is definitely necessary for a night of glam.
- An Updo: I love wearing my hair up, but when I am aiming for an intentionally glam look, it’s a must. There is just something so regal and chic about an updo, whether it be a top knot, pompadour, or halo braid.
- A Bold Outfit: Whether it be a dramatic maxi dress, the perfect mini, or toying around with a bit of menswear, don’t be afraid to go bold when getting red carpet ready! While I’m all about bold color and prints, an all-black look in varying textures or strong shapes can be really fabulous too. Being red carpet ready aka glamorous is certainly all about making a statement, which for me is all about the outfit.
- Mani: While I don’t sweep up all of the makeup when I am in stores like Ulta or in the beauty section of Walgreens, I am ALL about the nail polish. With over 120 bottles of nail polish in my personal collection, my mani choice is an essential part of my daily and special occasion glamour, so I was super excited to try out the new COVERGIRL® Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss!! Sometimes, when getting glammed up, we ladies can run a bit behind on time, so I love that this new nail polish from COVERGIRL doesn’t require a base or top coat, and it dries pretty fast. As a lover of my quick drying topcoat, a nail polish that dries fast on its own is super important for a quick mani change. Wearing more than one color is a great and simple way to add some pop to your red carpet ready look, and COVERGIRL’s Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss comes in 15 shades (with more to come in January) to mix and pair. Head on over to their website to see all 15!! I’m rather smitten with Wine Stain right now (I couldn’t resist a touch of glitter).
- Fabulous Shoe: A great outfit, be it casual or glamorous, starts and ends with a good shoe! I am all about a high heel for every day of the week, but especially when I want to feel glamorous. However, a fabulous shoe doesn’t have to be 4-5″ like I prefer my shoes; it can be a leopard flat with a bow or a black kitten heel with spikes, for example. A red carpet ready shoe should be fun, fabulous, but also comfortable. A woman can’t be glamorous with hurting feet .
Glamour is a head-to-toe concept; no matter how dramatic or simple you go with it, I believe makeup, hair, nails, clothes, and shoe choices are key. I’d love to know, what makes YOU feel ‘red carpet ready’ and what are your go-to tricks? Leave your answer in the comments and you will be entered to win a $100 Visa Gift Card sponsored by COVERGIRL!
Visit COVERGIRL on YouTube for more great ideas on how to get red carpet ready!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post.
b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion, including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: #SweepstakesEntry and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post.
c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.
d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to respond, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 12/4 – 12/31.
Be sure to visit the COVERGIRL brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!